Sunday, April 20, 2008

Scenes at Zhanjiang's waterfront

Tonight Vickie, Rebecca, & I went walking along the harbor. It was a lovely weekend night, full of families out enjoying the evening breeze. The children were standing along the rail watching the boats. For all you parents who would like photos for your childrens' lifebooks, you are welcome to copy these to your computers. If you'd like the high resolution versions, please feel free to contact me after I'm home, and I'll be happy to send them to you to use. Since I'm posting by email (can't access Blogger here), it's not letting me send the high-res versions. Hope you can enjoy this little taste of lovely Zhanjiang.

These friends were enjoying a barbeque at the park. The people we've met have been so very friendly and warm to strangers!


We don't know what these people were digging. We asked other local onlookers and they didn't know. We believe it's some sort of small clam-like mussel. Whatever it was, it was hard work.
The workers' bikes were lined up, and locked to the rail.

For more photos of just (cute as a button) children, see Val's blog: http://martinfamily92.blogspot.com

No comments: